Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Search of Lucy by Lia Fairchild

In Search of LucyIn Search of Lucy by Lia Fairchild

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really liked this book. I thought it was well written and the characters were very likable and I was able to relate to their situation. It really made me think that if something happened to my sister would I be willing to give her a kidney, no questions asked. And my answer is: I'm not sure. We don't get along, we haven't gotten along for a very long time. Probably 25 years or so, we haven't seen eye to eye. She has made some very poor decisions in her life that I can't support and I really struggled with this question. Could I give my kidney to her?? It made me wonder if she would do the same for me, and my answer is "I don't know." I really hope I don't ever need to know the answer to that question.



I really, truly liked this story and I had to think about my review for awhile. I love books that touch me in a personal way and makes me think about my own life and existence. I will probably struggle with this question of giving my kidney to my sister for a long while, but hopefully I will never have to face it head on. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. Two thumbs up for me!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment